NovaCare in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a Full time Patient Service Specialist (PSS) for our outpatient physical therapy clinic. Previous medical office experience with insurance and billing is HIGHLY preferred. Customer service experience and college degree also preferred. This is a Full time position that includes both day and evening hours.
We offer full medical and vacation benefits for full time hours (32+).
Our Patient Service Specialist are similar to medical office assistants with duties including, but not limited to:
- Patient Registration
- Third party insurance verification
- Co-pay collections
- Obtaining referrals and authorizations
- General facility upkeep
- Greeting patients
- Answering telephones and additional administrative functions
This is an hourly paid position based on experience.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application for Job ID#64238 at www.selectmedical.com/careers/.
Select Medical Corporation’s Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1500 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient’s specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
Responsibilities will include general clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors to the Center
- Answering telephones, faxing, filing, etc.
- Scheduling patients
- Insurance verification
- Assisting therapists as needed for general clinic maintenance and upkeep
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to interact well with other staff members, customers, field associates and businesses
- Ability to type 60 words per minute preferred
- Strong customer service skills
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.selectmedical.com/careers/ →