The School District of Philadelphia
Program Manager (GEAR UP)
OFFICE OF STUDENT SUPPORT SRVS
440 N. BROAD ST.
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19130
Job Number: 4600148749
Open Date: 01/11/2018
Closing Date: 01/26/2018
- Monitors the provision of GEAR UP services to program participants; maintains appropriate records and files on all program activities to maintain compliance with federal and state guidelines; generates annual reports for funding as well as internal data and reports on the programs and services provided by GEAR UP; submits reports in accordance with predetermined timelines.
- Assesses the propriety of program expenditures and participates in budget planning for GEAR UP; serves as a liaison between GEAR UP partners and the School District.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of collaborative structures and partnerships at a designated GEAR UP school and its feeder middle schools.
- Convener of the College Readiness Collaborative Community partnership and steering committee, ensuring the alignment of all partner contributions to District.
- Responsible for the development of a common agenda through the creation of Annual Action Plans as defined by the GEAR UP goals and informed by the needs of the School District of Philadelphia.
- Supports the use of a common system of measurement and college readiness metrics as outlined by the Office of Research and Evaluation, ensuring partner contributions are complimentary, and eliminating duplication of resources.
- Oversees the implementation of interventions and activities, ensuring collaborative partners interact with target population.
- Acts as member of school leadership team, serving as subject matter expert in college readiness, guiding the determination of needed resources.
- Leads bi-monthly joint planning College Readiness Collaborative Community meetings at the school.
- Responsible for ensuring the accumulation of and entry of all participant data into Data Management system.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of full-time, paid, professional experience in career and college awareness including the responsibility of program and partnership development in a large urban school environment, in the areas of operational practices involving grants.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Seven years of full-time, paid, professional experience in career and college awareness including the responsibility of program and partnership development in a large urban school environment, in the areas of operational practices involving grants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the methods and techniques used in effective program planning, design and administration.
- supervisory methods and techniques.
- businesses and other resources in the community that can support program initiatives.
- current social, educational, and economic issues as they relate to urban families.
- administrative and budgetary practices and procedures for federal grants.
Demonstrated ability to:
- create or maintain databases, design spreadsheets and create reports and documents, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- assess the effectiveness of programmatic activities and to make recommendations for modifications as needed.
- navigate through the School District of Philadelphia’s systems and funding sources.
- coordinate and oversee the work of staff and attain effective results.
- maintain records, monitor program activities and prepare reports on a timely basis.
- exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
- analyze, interpret and utilize data to make complex decisions.
- facilitate group discussions.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Additional Job Information: This is a non-represented role. The salary grade for this position is 4026.
Interviews may be conducted to determine how well a candidate meets the established criteria. Note that not all qualified candidates may be selected for an interview. Additional factors including the ability to follow directions, punctuality and professional conduct will be considered in part of the evaluation process. The selected candidate must have no anecdotal record on file and have not been subject to any disciplinary action within the past eighteen (18) months, and have an excellent record of attendance and punctuality during the last three (3) years (defined as no more than eighteen (18) occasions of lateness or absence for personal illness in the last three years (3) years with the exception of one extended long-term absence.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.topschooljobs.org/external-redirect-registration/?JobId=708604&countrycode=US →